Tesla’s: What’s all the fuss about?
In the seventeen short years they have been operating, Tesla has become a distinguished household brand renowned for its mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
2008 marked the year Tesla became a truly disruptive force in the automotive industry with the release of the revolutionary Roadster. A historical milestone, achieving 245 miles in a single charge without an internal combustion engine, the production of such an advanced EV challenged global perceptions of what electric cars could be. Performative, beautiful AND with zero tailpipe emissions, Tesla has since established a leadership position in EV technology, paving the way for immersive, innovative and iconic design.
Much has been achieved since 2003, arguably the brand has outreached every established manufacturer in terms of both product and strategy- turning a just over century-old industry upside down.
Now with three perfectly sculpted core models to choose from, what makes a Tesla worth it?
Purchasing a Tesla is a strong economic choice for a number of reasons including;
- The total cost of Tesla ownership is significantly lower than its internal combustion counterpart. For example, you do not have to worry about expensive oil changes or fluctuating oil prices. In fact, it is said that running costs are half that of traditional vehicles.
- Some Tesla owners can enjoy electric vehicle tax benefits as well as exemption from congestion charges in London and access to clean air zones including the London ultra-low emission zone.
- You can even access the Tesla supercharger networks at no extra cost.
If that isn’t enough to convince you, the driving experience is unlike anything you have ever known.
- With low centre of gravity and a rapid drivetrain, you can enjoy exhilarating performance, power and handling. Ground-breaking Tesla technology has made it possible for Model X to reach 0-60mph in 2.6 seconds-the fastest SUV ever built!
- The immersive onboard interface includes autopilot mode; allowing the car to steer, accelerate and brake automatically in its lane. Full self-driving capability also introduces additional features such as ‘Summon’, ‘Autopark’, ‘Auto Lane Change’ and ‘Navigate on Autopilot’- so you can sit back and enjoy the ride.
- Virtually silent with a large panoramic roof, when you aren’t in the mood to test torque, Tesla models offer reflective driving- an intense, personal experience in a luxury setting.
The basic models of each car can come with a hefty price tag. The flagship Model S begins at £77,980, the entry level Model 3 starts at £40,490 whilst the crossover starts at £82,980. If you choose to opt for a long range or performance package, prices can increase rapidly. The inclusion of autopilot can set you back an additional £5,800! However, whilst the car is initially expensive, the initial cost is slowly recouped over time with the saving of maintenance and usage costs. With so many benefits to owning a Tesla, why wouldn’t you purchase one?!
Further, Chatsbrook are able to finance Tesla’s independently, creating specialised prestige vehicle packages to suit your specific requirements. Enabling you the flexibility to spread the costs over easy, manageably monthly payments. To enquire about a prestige vehicle package, call our automotive experts on 01603 733500 or simply email email@example.com
« Back to news